Here's what to serve with Teriyaki chicken to turn it into a wonderfully satisfying dinner any day of the week! All of these recipes pair wonderfully with the sweet, salty, umami flavor of Japanese cuisine. This list has everything from quick and easy vegetables to savory noodle dishes, and there's so much more to try!
Recipes That Go With Teriyaki Chicken
Teriyaki chicken is one of the most popular Japanese dishes of all time! What's not to love about tender chicken tossed in a savory, salty, sweet, and just all-around delicious sauce?
Although teriyaki chicken packs a punch of flavor, it's not really a full meal on its own. You need a few of these easy complimentary side dishes to complete your meal!
To turn your chicken teriyaki into a satisfying and well-rounded meal, choose one or a few of these tasty side dishes to serve along with it!
- Teriyaki Noodles
- Hibachi Noodles
- Hibachi Fried Rice
- Hibachi Vegetables
- Panda Express Fried Rice
- Panda Express Mixed Vegetables
- Lo Mein
- Air Fryer Zucchini
- Hibachi Zucchini
- Air Fryer Potstickers
Keep reading below for even more easy teriyaki chicken side dish suggestions for a great dinner menu!
- Recipes That Go With Teriyaki Chicken
- 1. Teriyaki Noodles
- 2. Hibachi Noodles
- 3. Hibachi Fried Rice
- 4. Hibachi Vegetables
- 5. Panda Express Fried Rice
- 6. Panda Express Mixed Vegetables
- 7. Lo Mein
- 8. Air Fryer Zucchini
- 9. Hibachi Zucchini
- 10. Air Fryer Potstickers
- 11. Instant Pot Long Grain White Rice
- 12. Benihana Onion Soup
- 13. Benihana Ginger Salad Dressing
- ? More Tasty Asian Recipes
- ? Recipe
- What To Serve With Teriyaki Chicken: Hibachi Fried Rice (+More Tasty Side Dishes!)
- Ingredients?US CustomaryMetric
- Equipment You May Need
Want More Recipes? Enter your email below and we'll send them straight to your inbox!
If you are making your own teriyaki chicken, try my easy teriyaki chicken marinade and homemade teriyaki sauce! I also have delicious teriyaki chicken stir fry or copycat Panda Express teriyaki chicken recipes you could try!
1. Teriyaki Noodles
Teriyaki noodles are the most classic pairing for teriyaki chicken! They are easy, filling, and will make a great base for just about any Japanese or Asian-inspired meal.
These tender pan-fried noodles are tossed in made-from-scratch teriyaki sauce. It's a restaurant-quality teriyaki dinner from the comfort of your own kitchen!
2. Hibachi Noodles
Whip out your griddle and try making these super simple hibachi noodles! In fact, I like to prepare my chicken on the griddle first so the noodles can soak up all of the tasty flavors of the grilled meat.
You can make these noodles with lo mein, yakisoba, or even angel hair pasta! It's a quick 10-minute recipe that will make all the difference to your meal.
3. Hibachi Fried Rice
This quick and easy recipe for hibachi fried rice is the perfect complement to some chicken teriyaki. It's a great way to use leftover Basmati or Jasmine rice, too!
All you need is a few cups of cooked rice, some onion, butter, soy sauce, egg, frozen peas, and cooking oil!
4. Hibachi Vegetables
Hibachi vegetables are a great addition to any of the carbohydrate heavy options on this list like rice or noodles. Or, you can keep things low-carb and enjoy a nutritious chicken and vegetable dinner!
This recipe is flexible, so you can use your favorite vegetables or whatever you have on hand. I like to include bok choy, onions, carrots, broccoli, and celery!
5. Panda Express Fried Rice
Fried rice is another staple recipe in Asian cuisine that can be paired with just about any protein, including teriyaki chicken! Bonus points if you have some leftover rice on hand because it tastes even better with day-old rice.
I mix some scrambled eggs, peas, carrots, and green onions into my fried rice. However, you can certainly customize it to suit your family!
6. Panda Express Mixed Vegetables
If you love the tender steamed vegetables from Panda Express, now you can recreate them at home! I've also included instructions to wok-fry the veggies if that's what you prefer.
It's a simple blend of broccoli, carrots, zucchini, string beans, and cabbage that is both delicious and nutritious!
7. Lo Mein
This simple lo mein recipe features stir-fried noodles in a savory homemade sauce. It also includes onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and bell pepper, so it's a great way to turn chicken teriyaki into a well-rounded meal!
From start to finish, lo mein only takes about 15 minutes to make. It's a great last-minute addition to some chicken teriyaki.
8. Air Fryer Zucchini
It doesn't get any easier than this air fryer zucchini! With just some oil, Parmesan cheese, zucchini, and salt, you can whip up an easy vegetable to pair with your chicken teriyaki.
The air fryer cooks it up perfectly tender and makes for easy cleanup, too!
9. Hibachi Zucchini
Another great vegetable side dish for chicken teriyaki is this easy hibachi zucchini and onions! The veggies are pan-fried with soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and red pepper flakes for the perfect balance of spicy umami flavor.
10. Air Fryer Potstickers
When in doubt, pick up a bag of frozen potstickers from the grocery store! Your air fryer can cook them perfectly in minutes so they are practically hands-off!
These deliciously crispy little pockets of goodness are a great appetizer for any Asian dinner!
11. Instant Pot Long Grain White Rice
Any white rice would be delicious with teriyaki chicken, but I find using my Instant Pot the easiest way to whip some up! Long-grain rice like basmati is the perfect choice for soaking up some of that tasty teriyaki sauce.
This recipe is also perfect for later turning into fried rice! Just make this white rice in your Instant Pot, let it cool, refrigerate it, and use it for fried rice the next day!
12. Benihana Onion Soup
This light broth soup is exactly like the famous recipe from everyone's favorite Japanese steakhouse! It is light and savory, so it won't fill you up too much before the meal.
As the name suggests, this soup is rich in onion flavor. There are also tender slices of mushrooms, celery, and carrots to enjoy!
13. Benihana Ginger Salad Dressing
A garden or house salad with this Japanese ginger salad dressing is a great way to start your chicken Teriyaki dinner. It's light and creamy with lots of refreshing ginger flavor.
You can quickly whip up this dressing at home with a few simple ingredients. From start to finish, it only takes about 5 minutes to prepare!
I hope this list helped you decide what to serve with chicken teriyaki for dinner! Let me know which recipes you chose in the comments below!
>>>>See all of my recipes HERE<<<<
? More Tasty Asian Recipes
- Asian Roasted Pork Belly - This Asian roasted pork belly is so juicy and tender that it practically melts in your mouth!
- Sweet and Sour Sauce - Skip the takeout and enjoy this tasty sweet and sour sauce at home!
- Chinese Beef Meatballs - These beef meatballs are tossed in a ginger hoisin sauce that is finger-licking good!
- Honey Walnut Shrimp - A copycat of Panda Express' famous honey walnut chicken that tastes just as good, or better, than the real thing!
- Kung Pao Chicken - Tender marinated chicken with lots of veggies in an incredible ginger garlic sauce!
- General Tso's Chicken - Crispy wok-fried chicken tossed in a flavor-packed sweet and spicy sauce!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star??rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social [email protected]?Pinterest,?Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
What To Serve With Teriyaki Chicken: Hibachi Fried Rice (+More Tasty Side Dishes!)
Hibachi Cooking Oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 2 ? tablespoon olive oil (light or extra virgin)
- ? cup rice cooking wine
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
Hibachi Fried Rice
- 2 cups rice (cooked long grain white rice, I typically use Jasmine)
- 1 tablespoon Hibachi Cooking Oil (see above)
- ? cup white onion (finely chopped)
- ? cup peas and carrots (frozen blend, or a ? cup of each peas and finely chopped or diced carrots)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon butter (salted)
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
Hibachi Cooking Oil
- Combine ingredients in a jar or squeeze bottle that you can seal with a lid to shake up the contents, and for storing any unused portion ( if desired ).1 tablespoon sesame seed oil, 2 ? tablespoon olive oil, ? cup rice cooking wine, 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- Shake container before using to cook hibachi style foods, such as this hibachi fried rice, noodles, vegetables, chicken, steak, or seafood.
Hibachi Fried Rice
- Set all prepared ingredients near workspace as this is cooked on high heat. Using a large wok is preferable, but a large skillet or frying pan will work. Bring wok or skillet to high heat with hibachi cooking oil blend or alternative ( cottonseed, canola, peanut oil ).
- Cook the egg in the heated oil, quickly breaking the cooked egg apart and moving to the sides once cooked. Add vegetables and saute for about 2-3 minutes. *Reduce heat in small increments as needed if cooking too hot.? cup white onion, ? cup peas and carrots, 1 large egg, 1 tablespoon Hibachi Cooking Oil
- Heat butter for 10-20 seconds in the microwave and stir in the soy sauce ( add garlic or garlic powder, if desired ).2 tablespoon butter, 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- Add the cooled rice to the wok or frying pan, then the butter sauce. Fry for an additional 5 minutes, or until the rice and vegetables are well combined, coated with butter, and everything is heated through.2 cups rice
- Serve immediately, garnish with sliced green onion or sesame seeds.
Equipment You May Need
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!
Thanks for coming! Let me know what you think: