These red velvet Valentine's Day treats include all of the best red velvet desserts for celebrating with the one you love! From cakes to cupcakes, cookies, and more, this list has something for every taste. Make this Valentine's Day one to remember with these tasty homemade red velvet treats!
Best Red Velvet Desserts For Valentine's Day
Not only does the vibrant color of red velvet cake match the Valentine's Day theme, but it makes for some of the most decadent desserts! From cakes to cookies, everything tastes better when made with red velvet.
These indulgent dessert recipes are perfect for sharing with your special someone. However, there are also a few tasty treats that would be fun to make with the kids so that everyone can get in on the celebration!
- Best Red Velvet Desserts For Valentine's Day
- 1. Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- 2. Red Velvet Blossoms
- 3. Red Velvet Mug Cake
- 4. Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 5. Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls
- 6. Red Velvet Sugar Cookie Bars
- 7. Red Velvet Fudge
- 8. Red Velvet Poke Cake
- 9. Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 10. Red Velvet Cheesecake
- 11. Red Velvet Puppy Chow
- 12. Red Velvet Cherry Cake Roll
- 13. Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 14. Red Velvet Popcorn
- 15. Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
- ? More Delicious Desserts
- ? Recipe
- Red Velvet Valentine's Day Treats: Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies (+More Delicious Desserts!)
- Ingredients?US CustomaryMetric
- Equipment You May Need
Want More Recipes? Enter your email below and we'll send them straight to your inbox!
Be sure to check out all of my Valentine's Day desserts for more fun and festive holiday treats!
1. Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
These red velvet crinkle cookies are filled with rich cocoa flavor and they practically decorate themselves! The cracks in the powder sugar coating give you a peak at the beautiful red cookie underneath.
2. Red Velvet Blossoms
I put a red velvet twist on the classic peanut butter blossom cookies! These soft and chewy cookies are a decadent treat and the chocolate Hershey's kiss on top makes them even better!
3. Red Velvet Mug Cake
This red velvet mug cake is the perfect Valentine's Day dessert if you are flying solo. Or, if you don't have the time to whip up a full-blown dessert, you can make one for you and your sweetheart.
It's sweet and rich, plus it only takes a few minutes in the microwave!
4. Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
The classic recipe that everyone thinks of when they hear red velvet cake. The moist cake is coated in a sweet and slightly tangy cream cheese frosting that will have you licking your plate!
5. Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls
Get your Valentine's Day started off right with some homemade red velvet cinnamon rolls! They are filled with the classic cinnamon sugar combination and topped off with a decadent cream cheese icing.
6. Red Velvet Sugar Cookie Bars
These tasty de sert bars combine the chewy deliciousness of sugar cookies with the rich flavor of red velvet. Top them off with cream cheese frosting for an easy Valentine's Day treat!
7. Red Velvet Fudge
It doesn't get more indulgent then this rich red velvet fudge. It's extremely easy to make with a box of red velvet cake mix. Top them off with cute Valentine's sprinkles for a fun and festive dessert!
8. Red Velvet Poke Cake
This easy red velvet poke cake only requires 5 ingredients and turns out totally delicious every time. The frosting is a light whipped frosting that is wonderfully creamy and hard to resist!
9. Red Velvet Cupcakes
If you don't want to commit to a full cake, cupcakes are the next best thing! These delightfully moist red velvet cupcakes with fluffy cream cheese frosting will have you savoring every bite.
10. Red Velvet Cheesecake
If cheesecake is the way to your loved one's heart, this red velvet cheesecake will blow their mind. It's like a classic cheesecake, except adorned with flavorful swirls of red velvet goodness.
11. Red Velvet Puppy Chow
This delectable red velvet puppy chow is always a hit with the kids! Chex cereal, red velvet cake mix, and pink, red, & white M&M's make it the perfect sweet snack for Valentine's Day.
12. Red Velvet Cherry Cake Roll
The secret ingredient to this red velvet cherry cake roll is cherry Coke-a-cola! It makes the cake ultra-moist with just a hint of cherry flavor.
On the inside, there is a velvety cream cheese frosting swirl that complements the rich cake perfectly.
13. Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
As if classic chocolate chip cookies couldn't get any better, these red velvet cake cookies combine the best of both desserts! The cookies are soft and chewy with a rich cocoa flavor and melted chocolate chips in every bite.
14. Red Velvet Popcorn
Gourmet popcorn is all the rage and once you try this sweet red velvet popcorn you will see why! It's a great snack for enjoying a movie with the family at the end of a perfect Valentine's Day.
15. Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
Bring your Valentine's Day to a close with a warm mug of red velvet hot chocolate! It's even more delicious with a swirl of whipped cream to finish it all off. Oh, and you only need 5 ingredients to make it!
Any of these red velvet Valentine's Day treats will make this Valentine's Day the best on yet! Which recipes do you want to try? Let me know in the comments below!
>>>>See all of my recipes HERE<<<<
? More Delicious Desserts
- Edible Cookie Dough - Grab a spoon and enjoy a big bowl of edible cookie dough! Don't worry, it's egg-free.
- Oreo Dump Cake - For this rich and chocolatey cookie cake, you just dump the ingredients in a baking dish and bake, it's so easy!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Drip Cake - This Insta-worthy cake is almost to beautiful to eat and it's loaded with the rich flavors of chocolate and peanut butter.
- Flourless Chocolate Raspberry Cake - If your special someone is gluten-free this decadent flourless cake is just as rich and moist as any traditional cake!
- Peanut Butter Filled Cupcakes - Moist chocolate cupcakes filled and topped with peanut butter buttercream frosting, yum!
- Fudge Brownies - A classic fudgy brownie recipe that you will want to make for years to come!
*Be sure to see the free printable recipe card below for ingredients, exact amounts & instructions with tips!*
Red Velvet Valentine's Day Treats: Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies (+More Delicious Desserts!)
Red Velvet Cookies
- ? cup butter (room temperature)
- ? cup light brown sugar (packed)
- ? cup sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ? teaspoon red food coloring (or more if needed)
- 1? teaspoon baking powder
- ? teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ? cup unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted)
- ? cup granulated sugar
- ? cup confectioners sugar
- Get started by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper.
- Using your stand mixer or hand mixer, cream together the room-temperature butter, brown sugar, and white granulated sugar until fluffy and light.? cup butter, ? cup light brown sugar, ? cup sugar
- Add your eggs, one at a time, beating well in between each addition. Make sure to scrape down the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl so that everything is well distributed.2 large eggs
- Next, mix in the vanilla extract, red food coloring, baking powder, and salt until well combined.2 teaspoon vanilla extract, ? teaspoon red food coloring, 1? teaspoon baking powder, ? teaspoon salt
- Add the flour and sifted cocoa powder to the bowl and mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix your cookie dough.2 cups all-purpose flour, ? cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Fill a small, shallow bowl with your granulated sugar and a separate bowl with the powdered sugar.? cup granulated sugar, ? cup confectioners sugar
- Use your hands to roll the cookie dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Then, roll the ball in the granulated sugar followed by the powdered sugar before placing it onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining cookie dough, placing the balls about 1 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for about 10 minutes, or until they have risen and cracked with a center that is still gooey.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for a couple of minutes before moving them to a wire cooling rack
Equipment You May Need
- Food coloring can easily vary drastically from brand to brand. So, use as much as you need to reach your desired deep red color, but I recommend using high-quality gel coloring.?
- Don't be stingy when rolling your cookie balls in powdered sugar! You want them to be completely coated!
- Rolling the cookie dough in granulated sugar helps them to crackle and keeps the powdered sugar from dissolving!
- Anytime you are baking with flour, you should fluff it up with a spoon and then use the spoon to scoop it into the measuring cup before leveling it off. If you scoop it out of the container with your measuring cup, you could easily be packing in too much flour and make your cookies dry.?
- This dough will be sticky. While it is unnecessary to chill the dough beforehand, you can do so if you like in order to make the dough easier to roll.?
- These red velvet crinkle cookies should be undercooked in the center when you pull them from the oven. While they are resting on the baking sheet, they will continue to cook as they cool off!
- To freeze dough: Prepare your cookies as directed, up until you form them into balls (but don't roll them in sugar yet). Place them onto a baking sheet and pop them into the freezer until solid. Then, you can transfer them to an airtight bag or container.
- To bake: Let your frozen cookie dough completely defrost in the refrigerator before rolling in the granulated and powdered sugar and baking as directed.?
- To store: Let your cookies cool completely before storing them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
- To freeze: Keep your cookies in a freezer-safe ziptop bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.??
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!
Thanks for coming! Let me know what you think: