These family dinner ideas for Valentine's day are the perfect way to enjoy a nice, home-cooked meal with the entire family! Valentine's day isn't only for couples- you can still enjoy an outstanding dinner on this special occasion, even with the kids! All of these recipes are suitable for at least 4 people, packed with flavor, and are a great way to show your family how much you love them!
Valentine's Day Family Dinner Recipes
Of course, Valentine's day is known for being a holiday where you spend time with your significant other as a couple. However, sometimes you just want to include the kids in your special dinner!
Rather than attempt to go out to eat on one of the busiest days of the year in the restaurant industry, you can easily make an out-of-this-world dinner right at home! No matter which one of these tasty meals you choose, your entire family will certainly feel the love!
- Valentine's Day Family Dinner Recipes
- 1. Chicken Marsala
- 2. Lasagna
- 3. Round Roast Pot Roast
- 4. Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Gravy
- 5. Smoked Salmon Fettuccine Alfredo
- 6. Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
- 7. Crockpot BBQ Beef Shortribs
- 8. Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie
- 9. Lobster Risotto
- 10. Baked Spaghetti & Meatballs
- 11. Shrimp Scampi
- 12. Italian Chicken Pastina Soup
- 13. Chicken Parmesan
- 14. Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- 15. Pan Seared Lamb Chops
- 16. Spaghetti Bolognese
- 17. Marry Me Chicken
- ? Sweet Valentine's Day Treats
- ? Recipe
1. Chicken Marsala
This classic Italian dish is perfect for showing your family how much you care! Golden chicken breasts are smothered in a delectable marsala wine sauce for a dish that no one will forget!
Lasagna is a well-loved classic dish that is perfect for the whole family- even if you have some picky eaters! This kid-approved dinner is simple to make, hearty, and ridiculously delicious. Whip up some tasty garlic bread to pair with it and you are good to go!
For a slight twist, you can check out my sauteed spinach lasagna!
3. Round Roast Pot Roast
There are so many different varieties of roasts out there, and you really can't go wrong with any of them! With this recipe, you'll only spend about 10 minutes preparing your dinner while the rest of the time is spent in the oven!
It's also loaded with carrots, potatoes, and onions so you won't even have to make a side dish!
4. Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Gravy
Tasty pork medallions are pan-seared and then smothered in a delicious mushroom gravy! This versatile dish can easily be paired with any of your family's favorite side dishes!
5. Smoked Salmon Fettuccine Alfredo
Fettuccine alfredo is an incredibly popular dish for Valentine's day! Tender fettuccine noodles are coated in a creamy homemade alfredo sauce and tossed with smoked salmon! Not only is this dish delicious, but it is super quick and easy to throw together!
6. Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
7. Crockpot BBQ Beef Shortribs
Breaking out the slow cooker is a fantastic way to enjoy a delicious dinner without having to spend forever in the kitchen! Simply prep the ribs in the morning and then leave them to cook during the day. It's as easy as it gets!
8. Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie
This comforting and warm meal is perfect for a cozy night in on Valentine's day! Chicken and veggies are coated in a rich and creamy sauce before being topped with homemade biscuits! It's so delicious that everyone in the family will be coming back for seconds!
9. Lobster Risotto
Risotto is known for being creamy, rich, and sophisticated. Plus, it is easy to customize it to match your preferred flavors!
If you've never made risotto before, make sure to check out my guide on how to cook risotto! You'll be an expert in no time!
10. Baked Spaghetti & Meatballs
This incredibly easy casserole is loaded with noodles, meatballs, cheese, and sauce! It is kid-friendly, delicious, and perfect for even a busy night as it only takes a couple of minutes to assemble!
11. Shrimp Scampi
This dish is one of my favorite quick and easy shrimp recipes! Succulent shrimp and pasta is tossed in a sauce made from butter, lemon, and white wine.
Did I mention that it only takes 15 minutes to make?
12. Italian Chicken Pastina Soup
If you're in the mood for some cozy soup this Valentine's day, you'll have to check out this recipe! It's and Italian version of chicken noodle soup that is packed with small pasta, chicken, and veggies.
13. Chicken Parmesan
Chicken Parmesan is a family-favorite meal in my house! You can choose to either pan-fry or bake your chicken, either way it is delicious!
14. Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Enchiladas are a great way to serve a large family! These sour cream chicken enchiladas are rich, cheesy, and completely packed with flavor! Serve them alongside some Mexican rice and beans for a complete and hearty meal.
15. Pan Seared Lamb Chops
You can easily enjoy these gourmet, sophisticated lamb chops in the comfort of your own home! They are quick to make and only use a handful of ingredients for a simple yet elegant dinner!
16. Spaghetti Bolognese
Is there anything more classic, traditional, or easy than spaghetti bolognese? It's a dish that easily enjoyed by even the most picky eaters- so it is perfect for the whole family! Additionally, it is super easy to scale the recipe up if you need to make more for an extra large group!
17. Marry Me Chicken
Perfectly cooked chicken breasts are coated in a creamy Parmesan sauce. Serve it with some tasty buttered noodles for a complete meal!
Plus, it is all made in just one pan so you won't have a ton of dishes to clean up!
These dinners are all perfect for spending the evening with your entire family on Valentine's day! Which one are you wanting to try out? Leave a comment down below and let me know!
>>>>See all of my recipes HERE<<<<
? Sweet Valentine's Day Treats
- Valentine's Day Chocolate Covered Strawberries - These strawberries are an easy-to-make treat that your whole family will love!
- Puff Pastry Hearts - Using only two ingredients, these hearts are a perfect treat to make with the kids!
- Tanghulu - Homemade candy coated strawberries are a tasty dessert that anyone can enjoy!
- Sugar Cookie Cherry Cobbler - Sugar cookie dough and cherry pie filling are combined in this irresistible dessert!
- Classic Sugar Cookies - Sugar cookies can easily be cut-out and decorated for Valentine's day!
- Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies - These chocolate chip cookies have an extra special added ingredient- cherries!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star??rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social [email protected]?Pinterest,?Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
Family Dinner Ideas For Valentine's Day: Marry Me Chicken (+Other Recipe Ideas!)
- 1 ? lbs chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- ? teaspoon salt
- ? teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ? cup heavy cream
- ? cup Parmesan (grated)
- ? cup sun-dried tomatoes (drained)
- 1 ? teaspoon Italian seasoning
- fresh basil (optional, for garnish)
- Slice or pound the chicken breasts so that they are thinner and will cook more evenly. Then, season each side of the chicken with salt and pepper.1 ? lbs chicken breast, ? teaspoon salt, ? teaspoon pepper
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Once hot, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until it is just almost fully cooked (the chicken will cook more later). Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add butter to the same skillet. Once it has melted, add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds or just until fragrant. Add the flour and mix until a paste is formed.3 tablespoon butter, 2 teaspoon garlic, 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Whisk in the chicken broth, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese. Continue whisking until thoroughly combined, then stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Taste sauce and add salt & pepper if necessary.1 cup chicken broth, ? cup heavy cream, ? cup Parmesan, 1 ? teaspoon Italian seasoning, ? cup sun-dried tomatoes
- Simmer the sauce until thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Then, return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over warm pasta or white rice and garnish with fresh basil, if desired.fresh basil
- The fresh basil is optional but it is an ideal addition as it adds a lovely flavor.
- The thinner the chicken, the faster it cooks. When the juices run clear and it has a minimum internal temperature of 165° F (74°C), it's ready.
- Storing: Leftover marry me chicken should be kept in a shallow airtight container and refrigerated for 3 days. It does not freeze well. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop over medium heat, just until the chicken is heated through.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!