These Easter dinner ideas include all the recipes you need to create the best Easter menu from appetizers to desserts! There are plenty of delicious main courses to choose from like prime rib, lamb, honey-glazed ham, & more! Here you'll find everything you need to make this Easter Sunday the best one yet!
Best Easter Dinner Recipes
After church and Easter egg hunts everyone works up a hearty appetite on Easter Sunday, so an incredible family dinner is a must! If you aren't sure what to put on the menu for Easter dinner this year, take a look at these family-favorite recipes that are perfect for celebrating together!
Everything complements each other wonderfully, so all you have to do is pick one (or a few) recipes from the appetizers, main courses, side dishes, and dessert sections and make your shopping list!
Gather all of your favorite Easter recipes and round them out with my tasty Easter dinner ideas collection below!
- Easter Appetizers
- Deviled Eggs
- Rhode’s Rolls
- Skillet Foccacia Bread
- Sweet Potato Cornbread
- Creamy Yellow Squash Soup
- Wedge Salad
- Easter Main Courses
- Honey Glazed Ham
- Standing Rib Roast
- Instant Pot Leg of Lamb
- Round Roast Pot Roast
- Pan Seared Lamb Chops
- Salmon with Dill Sauce
- Easter Side Dishes
- Baked Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Honey Glazed Carrots
- Baked Cabbage Steaks
- Mandarin Orange Jello Salad
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
- Maple Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Dauphinoise Potatoes
- Fruit Cocktail Salad
- Velveeta Mac and Cheese
- Green Beans Almondine
- German Potato Salad
- Buttered Peas & Carrots
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Easter Desserts
- Easter Basket Cupcakes
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
- Blackberry Tart
- Buttermilk Pie
- Best Easter Dinner Recipes
- ? Easter Appetizers
- 1. Deviled Eggs
- 2. Rhode’s Rolls
- 3. Skillet Foccacia Bread
- 4. Sweet Potato Cornbread
- 5. Creamy Yellow Squash Soup
- 6. Wedge Salad
- ? Easter Main Courses
- 7. Honey Glazed Ham
- 8. Standing Rib Roast
- 9. Instant Pot Leg of Lamb
- 10. Round Roast Pot Roast
- 11. Pan Seared Lamb Chops
- 12. Salmon with Dill Sauce
- ? Easter Side Dishes
- 13. Baked Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 14. Honey Glazed Carrots
- 15. Baked Cabbage Steaks
- 16. Mandarin Orange Jello Salad
- 17. Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
- 18. Maple Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- 19. Dauphinoise Potatoes
- 20. Fruit Cocktail Salad
- 21. Velveeta Mac and Cheese
- 22. Green Beans Almondine
- 23. German Potato Salad
- 24. Buttered Peas & Carrots
- 25. Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- ? Easter Desserts
- 26. Easter Basket Cupcakes
- 27. Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- 28. Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
- 29. Blackberry Tart
- 30. Buttermilk Pie
- ?? More Holiday Dinner Ideas
- ? Recipe
? Easter Appetizers
1. Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs are a great appetizer that people can munch on while they wait on the main course! Everyone should have a classic deviled egg recipe in their back pocket and this recipe has been my go-to for years.
2. Rhode’s Rolls
Soft, buttery rolls that are perfect for soaking up gravy or scooping up potatoes. They come frozen, so all you have to do is bake them!
3. Skillet Foccacia Bread
A rustic homemade skillet focaccia bread is a great alternative to traditional rolls. You can play around with different herbs and customize the flavors to your liking!
4. Sweet Potato Cornbread
You can play into the natural sweetness of the sweet potatoes by adding cinnamon and honey or keep them classic. Either way, you'll want to make this cornbread year after year!
5. Creamy Yellow Squash Soup
This smooth and creamy soup made with summer squash is so easy to make! It makes a great light appetizer so you can save room for the main course.
6. Wedge Salad
A simple wedge salad with bacon, tomatoes, and blue cheese, is an elegant way to start your Easter dinner. Of course, you can always swap out the toppings and dressing for your favorites!
? Easter Main Courses
7. Honey Glazed Ham
Many argue that honey-glazed ham is a must-have on Easter Sunday. The sweet sticky glaze complements the savory meat in a way that has people looking forward to Easter dinner.
If you want to serve ham but aren't a fan of honey glaze, you can always try my gingersnap-crusted ham instead!
8. Standing Rib Roast
This standing prime rib roast makes an epic centerpiece for any special occasion. All it takes is a simple roast dry rub and some time in the oven, it couldn't be easier!
9. Instant Pot Leg of Lamb
Let your Instant Pot do all the work this Easter with this extremely flavorful leg of lamb recipe! The meat is buttery and tender, with almost little to no prep time.
Try it with some brown lamb gravy and you'll be in heaven.
10. Round Roast Pot Roast
Juicy and flavorful pot roast with tender potatoes, carrots, and onions. It's homemade comfort food at its finest!
A side of rich and savory pot roast gravy is a must.
11. Pan Seared Lamb Chops
With this recipe it is so easy to make restaurant-quality lamb chops at home! The secret is my delicious and deceptively simple lamb rub.
12. Salmon with Dill Sauce
Salmon is a quick and easy protein option that is still formal enough for a special occasion. The creamy lemon dill sauce complements the light flavor of the fish perfectly!
? Easter Side Dishes
13. Baked Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Bacon makes everything better and asparagus is no exception! Even the kids will want to eat their vegetables when there's a crispy strip of bacon wrapped around them.
14. Honey Glazed Carrots
Tender carrots coated in a sticky glaze made with honey, brown sugar, and fresh herbs. They can be on the table in less than 30 minutes and are incredibly easy to prepare!
15. Baked Cabbage Steaks
Not only are baked cabbage steaks an easy vegetable side dish, but they also make a great vegetarian main course!
16. Mandarin Orange Jello Salad
Mandarin orange Jello salad always comes highly recommended by the kids in my family. All you need is some canned mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple, Cool Whip, orange Jello, and mini marshmallows!
17. Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
Tender chunks of potato all wrapped up in a combination of sour cream, cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, and ranch dressing mix! This potato side dish is always a hit with kids and adults alike.
18. Maple Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
Brussel sprouts add a pop of color to any plate and this version with maple syrup and bacon is the best! The edges of the sprouts will start to caramelize while they roast which adds a great pop of flavor.
19. Dauphinoise Potatoes
This upscale potato side dish is creamy and indulgent, yet surprisingly easy to make. They are loaded with cream, butter, and rich Gruyere cheese to make a satisfying side that is perfect for any holiday.
20. Fruit Cocktail Salad
A sweet and refreshing fruit cocktail salad always makes a great addition to any Easter spread. The pineapple and vanilla pudding sauce is hard to resist!
21. Velveeta Mac and Cheese
Everyone enjoys a big pot of creamy mac and cheese! This family favorite recipe uses Velveeta for the most smooth and cheesy results.
22. Green Beans Almondine
Tender-crisp green beans with a simple blend of seasonings and thinly slivered almonds. It's an extremely simple recipe that always yields tasty results!
23. German Potato Salad
Chunks of potato in a perfectly seasoned vinegar dressing with pearl onions and bacon. It's different than traditional potato salad, but just as flavorful (maybe even more so)!
24. Buttered Peas & Carrots
There's nothing wrong with keeping it simple! Buttered peas and carrots are an easy side dish to whip up at the last minute.
25. Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Sweet and savory mashed sweet potatoes will complement any protein perfectly! They are rich, creamy, and come together in about 30 minutes.
? Easter Desserts
26. Easter Basket Cupcakes
It doesn't get more festive than than these adorably Easter baket cupcakes! The milk chocolate mini eggs on top are almost too cute to eat.
27. Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
This pineapple upside down bundt cake decorates itself, all you have to do is flip it over! It's an ultra-moist pineapple cake with bites of Maraschino cherries, pineapple slices, and brown sugar on top.
The sugar melts into an incredible glaze, so you don't even need frosting!
28. Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
What's better than bread pudding? Bread pudding made with cinnamon rolls! You can use baked cinnamon rolls or cinnamon roll dough, whatever you have on hand.
29. Blackberry Tart
Tart and sweet, this blackberry pie is the dessert recipe you didn't know you needed. A shortcrust pie shell is filled to the brim with fresh or frozen blackberries and baked until golden brown. The whole family will be excited when this tart hits the table.
30. Buttermilk Pie
This Southern classic recipe is everything you love about dessert. It's so sweet and creamy, you can't just have one slice.
You can build the perfect Easter menu with any combination of these Easter dinner ideas! Let me know which recipes you try by commenting down below!
>>>>See all of my recipes HERE<<<<
?? More Holiday Dinner Ideas
- Family Dinner Ideas For Valentine's Day - If the kids are included in your Valentine's day plans, try these family-friendly recipes!
- Friday Night Dinner Ideas - Get the weekend started right with these delicious Friday night dinner ideas!
- Father's Day Dinner Ideas - Show dad how much you care with an incredible homemade meal!
- Easy Christmas Dinner Ideas - Enjoy the holidays stress-free with these easy Christmas dinner recipes.
- Elegant Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas - Your family will want to have Thanksgiving at your house every year after a dinner this good!
- Dinner For Two - Impressive recipes that are perfect for date night or just because!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star??rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social [email protected]?Pinterest,?Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
Easter Dinner Ideas: Standing Rib Roast (+ More Incredible Recipes To Make This Year!)
Standing Prime Rib Roast
- 5 lb prime rib (bone-in prime rib)
- Place your bone-in prime rib roast under cool running water and use paper towels to pat it dry. If desired, use a sharp knife to remove any excess silver skin or fat.5 lb prime rib
Prime Rib Rub
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ground sage, dried rosemary, and dried thyme until everything is evenly distributed and set it to the side.1 ? tablespoon Kosher salt, 1 tablespoon coarse ground pepper, ? tablespoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, 1 teaspoon ground sage, ? teaspoon dried oregano, ? teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place your standing rib roast in a baking dish or on a baking pan and sprinkle the dry rub over it, using half of the seasoning on each side. Massage the dry rub into the meat, rolling the edges of your roast in any excess dry rub that falls off. Coat the entire surface of the roast with the dry rub, don't be shy with the seasoning!
- Once your roast is seasoned, place it uncovered in the refrigerator to dry brine overnight (or at least 8 hours, but up to 2 days at the most). *For the best results, remove your roast from the fridge at least 1 hour, but preferably 2, hours before cooking so it can come to room temperature.
Roasting The Prime Rib
- Preheat your oven to 200°F (93°C).
- Place your dry brined roast into a roasting pan and put it in the oven bone-side-down. Roast for approximately 3 hours and 45 minutes (roughly 45 minutes per pounds for a 5-pound prime rib), or until it reaches your desired level of doneness as listed in the next step.
- When your standing rib roast reaches an internal temperature of 120-125°F (49-52°C) for RARE, 125-129°F (52-54°C) for MEDIUM-RARE, 130-139°F (54-59°C) for MEDIUM, or 140-145°F (60-63°C) for MEDIUM-WELL, remove it from the oven. Loosely tent a piece of foil over the top and allow it to rest for 20-30 minutes before slicing.
(Optional) Reverse Sear
- To reverse sear your roast before serving, remove it from the oven 10°F (5.5°C) shy of your ideal temperature. Transfer the roast to a cutting board and loosely cover it with foil while you increase the oven temperature to 500°F (260°C).
- Once the oven has preheated, return the roast to the oven and let it sear until it reaches your desired internal temperature as listed above. *Watch your roast closely because the searing step will go quickly.
- Remove your standing rib roast from the oven and loosely tent foil over the top. Let it rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- If you prefer, you may wrap the seasoned standing rib roast in plastic wrap and place it in the fridge to 'cure' for 4 hours or up to overnight. Otherwise, I recommend dry brining the roast overnight uncovered.
- Check the internal temperature of your roast at the thickest portion of the roast, as well as a few other areas toward the center of your roast to determine doneness.
- The internal temperatures listed above are not the final temperature your roast will be after removing it from the oven. While resting, 'carryover cooking' occurs which will increase the internal temperature?5-7°F (3-4°C) before serving. Try to pull your roast out just shy of your desired temperature.
- To store: Wrap leftover roast tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 5 days or wrap it in foil and freeze for up to 6 months.
- To reheat: Thaw frozen roast in the fridge overnight before reheating. Slices may be steamed or reheated in a skillet over medium heat. An intact roast can be wrapped in foil with a splash of beef broth and placed in a baking dish. Put it in the oven at 300°F?(150°C) until it reaches your desired internal temperature. Times may vary depending on the size of your leftover roast, but it is a good idea to check the temperature every 10 minutes.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!